Saturday, October 22, 2016

Chapter 8

Developing an instructional strategy.
What is an instructional strategy? It is the components in a set of instructional materials and procedures used to enable mastery of learning outcomes.
So basically, it what the instructor does to make sure learning happens. But it is complex!

Table 8.1 Keller's ARCS model of student motivation is really interesting. I have never thought of motivation as having different types- attention, relevance, confidence, and satisfaction. These are things I want to think more about when I'm teaching my 4th graders.  I think a lot of my students that I have currently lack confidence, in particular, and I like that the table addresses what you do with under-confident learners as well as overconfident learners. It also mentions that confidence can inspire them to learn more and that is amazing!
Basically the ARCS model is really, really great!  (see also figure 8.1- I'm in awe!)

I really like these follow-through activities. I think this is something that is commonly overlooked, but transfer is so important!

Table 8.6 is really interesting. I'm definitely gonna use that :)









No comments:

Post a Comment